ASSERTIVENESS & CONFIDENCE SKILLS
This course is designed to equip participants with an understanding of the difference between passivity, aggression and assertiveness.
Assertiveness is a communication style that allows us to stand up for ourselves, confidently express our true feelings and not let others take advantage of us, whilst at the same time being respectful and considerate of others’ feelings.
NEXT DATE: TBC
Being assertive and appearing confident as a person is an invaluable asset both in your work and social life. This course will help you develop these techniques, enabling you to become more confident.
BY THE END OF THE SESSION, PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE:
- Discussed and analysed the meaning of assertiveness.
- Recognise the link between assertiveness and confidence.
- Handle difficult situations and people confidently.
- Deal with negativity effectively and positively.
- Develop techniques for better working relationships using assertiveness.