MANAGING ATTENDANCE AND ABSENSE
The skilful management of attendance is a key factor in the success of many organisations. Good practice dictates that you have policies and procedures on attendance management, which assist managers in fulfilling their human resource management role.
Good attendance management is not just about policies it is about bringing these policies to life and also about effectively handling everyday situations.
A key feature of the event is its focus on the people skills necessary in effective attendance management.
By the end of the event delegates will be able to
- Describe the role and responsibilities of managers when managing attendance
Demonstrate an awareness of the legislation that affects managing attendance
- Describe the interpersonal skills required to successfully manage attendance.
- Describe the ‘Best Practice’ steps to take when managing attendance
- State the difference between long term and short term absence and best practice for dealing with these issues.
- Demonstrate the skills required to conduct attendance management interviews.